HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Hobart Speedway

Go down 
AuthorMessage
moose1970

PostSubject: Hobart Speedway   Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:01 am

Is anything going be done about the recent lack of organisation and poor condition of this speedway or is it just a coverup to close speedway in the south. I am sure as a money focused group there would be more money in selling instead of retaining this problem investment. I personally think it has great potential if run well. Needs serious money put into it, will this happen?
Back to top Go down
Ally

PostSubject: Re: Hobart Speedway   Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:25 am

Will be a shame if it don't.........cause people are gonna complain a whole lot more when they have further to travel from down South. Sounds to me like they need some people from down South, to volunteer and help out ! The track prep guys from the North West can't be expected to do 2 tracks, look at this weekend they would have hardly seen their families all weekend.
Back to top Go down
AMCA T34

PostSubject: Re: Hobart Speedway   Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:57 am

North west coaster purchased the track, what do they expect.

Its a bit rich for a profit making organisation to flog volunteers to make THEM money.

I understand that there is a considerable amount of usable clay available to the track but the owners won't pay for the trucks to deliver it.

Look for a subdivision for new residential blocks at Sorell Creek in the next couple of years.
Back to top Go down
number14

PostSubject: Hobart Speedway   Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:19 pm

Hi fellow speedway followers well as a majority said about the track in ???...Yes it needs a new surface for sure & i'm quite sure that the powers to be will for sure ...If they want a round of World Series in Hobart they have no choice but to get the track up to specs for the drivers as well as the paying public...People are sick of the Grader going around...Trust me as i've heard it from the public!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fazz33

PostSubject: Re: Hobart Speedway   Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:36 pm

hope they fix all the problems with hobart speedway so i can go down for a run as how the track is now its a bit hard on street stocks
Back to top Go down
number14

PostSubject: Hobart Speedway   Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:58 pm

Hi & not only Street Stocks are affected but the poor up & coming drivers' in juniors not to mention 500 as well.....So the ? has to be asked are the powers that be want the track in Southern Tassie to be a success or is it as a the rumour has had it make a Quick buck & shut it down........I do feel that they will keep it going for sure as a speedway venue.....As far as not wanting to spend the money on resurfacing the track that is crazy...Only time will tell.......
Back to top Go down
DUM

PostSubject: Re: Hobart Speedway   Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:45 pm

Ally wrote:
Will be a shame if it don't.........cause people are gonna complain a whole lot more when they have further to travel from down South. Sounds to me like they need some people from down South, to volunteer and help out ! The track prep guys from the North West can't be expected to do 2 tracks, look at this weekend they would have hardly seen their families all weekend.

I tried Ally but no one wanted to listen!

As for needing resurfacing, i have told you all before it really doesnt need resurfacing! the Grand National proved just how much clay there is on the track as the ruts were a good 300-400 mm deep in places. thats plenty of clay if its prepared properly.
Back to top Go down
Ally

PostSubject: Re: Hobart Speedway   Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:09 am

great sounding add

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Rocket Tas 13

PostSubject: Re: Hobart Speedway   Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:22 am

Yes there is plenty of clay but the wrong type of clay I live next door to a pottery and one of my crew works there he explained that the clay is to plastic and therefore once it gets worked up it can be pushed around very easily thats what causes the ruts where as the clay at carrick is a much shorter clay the easy test for this is grab a hand full and roll it into a 10mm sausage if it is too plastic you can bend and nearly tie knots in it . If it is a short clay it will break when you try to bend it
Back to top Go down
DUM

PostSubject: Re: Hobart Speedway   Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:11 am

Rocket Tas 13 wrote:
Yes there is plenty of clay but the wrong type of clay I live next door to a pottery and one of my crew works there he explained that the clay is to plastic and therefore once it gets worked up it can be pushed around very easily thats what causes the ruts where as the clay at carrick is a much shorter clay the easy test for this is grab a hand full and roll it into a 10mm sausage if it is too plastic you can bend and nearly tie knots in it . If it is a short clay it will break when you try to bend it

well if its the wrong clay rocket how come it has worked so well for the last 28 years???? like i have told you all so many times before it just needs to be prepared properly..... here is a question for you all just how many of you have actually prepared a track for a race meeting before????? i know i have!!!! so how many of you other experts have?
Back to top Go down
Rocket Tas 13

PostSubject: Re: Hobart Speedway   Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:01 pm

Was there not a heap of clay put on the track about three years ago I remember that after it was put on cars got harder to wash because it stuck onto the cars. please dont take this as criticism I appreciate the people who try there hardest and give up there time but as the saying goes you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear and the people who do prepare the track get unfair criticism because they have not got the right materials to do the job with.
Back to top Go down
AMCA T34

PostSubject: Re: Hobart Speedway   Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:44 am

Another spot on track last night Dum?
Back to top Go down
DUM

PostSubject: Re: Hobart Speedway   Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:17 pm

AMCA T34 wrote:
Another spot on track last night Dum?

nothing to do with me............. but im pretty sure you would be more than welcome to have a crack at preparing it your self!
Back to top Go down
AMCA T34

PostSubject: Re: Hobart Speedway   Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:22 am

Good answer. When you can't defend the indefensible, put it on me to do something about it.

I'm not the one charging $25 to get in. When I am, I'll do something about it.
Back to top Go down
Ally

PostSubject: Re: Hobart Speedway   Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:25 am

don't forget though that these guys who prepare the track are doing it for the love of the sport..............and in most cases are PROBABLY being told how to do it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hobart Speedway   

Back to top Go down

Hobart Speedway
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tasmanian Speedway Forums :: Around The Tracks :: Mountain Dew Ice Raceway, Hobart-
Jump to: