Tasmanian Speedway Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Weather Permitting

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
number14

number14

Weather Permitting Empty
PostSubject: Weather Permitting   Weather Permitting EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 7:25 am

Hi all & have saw the forecast for this meeting being the 20th March....The meeting will be a great one with the Sprint Cars, Super Sedans, & to top it off the Modified State Title of where a large number of interstate visitors are staying over for it from their Aussie title last week-end...How-ever they've forecast rain on Saturday & Sunday...I do presume that there won't be a rain date set for the mainlanders staying over...I hope i'm wrong & also the weather doesn't turn out that way.......mother nature please spare us......
Back to top Go down
angryman
angryman

Weather Permitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather Permitting   Weather Permitting EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 8:20 pm

weather should be right...forecast has been amended to mainly fine saturday with light showers easing on sunday

It would be unlucky to have three of the last 4 meetings rained out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angrymanphotography.com.au
number14

number14

Weather Permitting Empty
PostSubject: Weather Permitting   Weather Permitting EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 2:13 pm

Ok & yes angryman you & the weather were spot on of which is good for sure...A great meeting for sure was held with time, weather & great racing from all divisions..........I'll say it again rip the track up in the off season & lay a new surface for sure.....The surface is past it's used by date....Every-body who raced on there was challanged with the speedway track....It was breaking up at turns 1 & 2 big time....I know they had the grader out for turns 3& 4 but i don't know if that made much difference.....Ok peoples my thoughts only...ok......don't want to upset any-body..... Idea
Back to top Go down
angryman
angryman

Weather Permitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather Permitting   Weather Permitting EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 2:16 pm

track was very dry...and hard as a goats forehead. Was blacking up after the first heat, and after 5 heats it still had tracks visible from where the tracotr had driven along when it was wet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angrymanphotography.com.au
Caboose

Caboose

Weather Permitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather Permitting   Weather Permitting EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 2:48 am

I think the surface at Hobart needs renewing. It seams that if it is left dry it goes black and abrasive but if it is watered it goes rough. Eventually drivers will stop goning there as whatever happens it seams to eat money and make it very hard to race on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weather Permitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather Permitting   Weather Permitting Empty

Back to top Go down

Weather Permitting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tasmanian Speedway Forums :: Around The Tracks :: Mountain Dew Ice Raceway, Hobart-
Jump to: