Tasmanian Speedway Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Scheduling

Go down 
+3
number14
TassieSuperSedan
AMCA T34
7 posters
AuthorMessage
AMCA T34

AMCA T34

Scheduling Empty
PostSubject: Scheduling   Scheduling EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 3:18 pm

Latrobe has three two night meetings starting with the Grand Prix, Murcott Masters and Mod Prod Title.

AMCA's are on the Friday night programme at each. Doesn't give Hobart cars much chance of competing.
Back to top Go down
TassieSuperSedan
Admin
TassieSuperSedan

Scheduling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scheduling   Scheduling EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 3:22 pm

There's a lot wrong with two night shows. Unless it's a long weekend, it makes it very hard for drivers to get there on a Friday, especially when racing is the other end of the state.

Question is do we move these events to Saturday/Sunday instead and risk the late night/early start scenario of a monday?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tassiesupersedan.com
AMCA T34

AMCA T34

Scheduling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scheduling   Scheduling EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 3:25 pm

As far as I am concerned, Sunday night is not much better if I have to take a day off work on Monday.

Point is, why are we on EVERY friday and not on Saturday occassionally. Just can't afford three days off work.
Back to top Go down
TassieSuperSedan
Admin
TassieSuperSedan

Scheduling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scheduling   Scheduling EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 3:47 pm

Well that's a good point aswell .... maybe they need to schedule the divisions that have a greater following up North ie. Modifieds, Streeties of a Friday night, and other divisions Saturday.

Maybe 7.30 - 8pm starts of a Friday night could be explored... lets face it, the Grand Prix is normall over in 3 hours on the first night anyway!
Back to top Go down
number14

number14

Scheduling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scheduling   Scheduling EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:41 am

Hi all & yes most of you people who do race & follow speedway such as my-self feel that there are too many double headers in the season....ok would like to keep the Grand Prix as it is....The Australian titles should be as they are now....Races like Murcott Masters of where we have only dave from interstate should only be a 1 night meeting......The Grand National if there are enough cars staying on could keep this format....The Easter Cup should only be a 1 nighter as well...It's too hard on the driver's budjet as well as for the paying crowd....i think that for the Grand Prix that I know is invite only, are they shooting them selves in the foot as 10 yrs ago there werew up to 40 front running supers....hey make it open & those who can afford the trip it will be a great experience for them as well as putting bums on seats for this huge event...... pirat
Back to top Go down
TassieSuperSedan
Admin
TassieSuperSedan

Scheduling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scheduling   Scheduling EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 11:33 am

Well said Number 14..... I agree fully!
Back to top Go down
angryman
angryman

Scheduling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scheduling   Scheduling EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 11:51 am

number14 wrote:
It's too hard on the driver's budjet as well as for the paying crowd....

but for a double header, there is double entry fees, double pit fees, which means more money for the promoters.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angrymanphotography.com.au
Ally

Ally

Scheduling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scheduling   Scheduling EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:40 pm

I dont know how they work out the calendar, are the drivers/divisions consulted at all ?

PS - may be they just dont like AMCA's ??? >>>>>> joking !!! lol
Back to top Go down
number14

number14

Scheduling Empty
PostSubject: schedules   Scheduling EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 2:25 pm

The promoters of all tracks ask for any input from the drivers'...It's up to us the speedway people to work it out & take our ideas to them??..We 've been through enough bull crap with our ideas that it falls on deaf ears....Come on Promoters get off your asses & listen to the people of who put money back into speedway...That means the drivers & paying public......Oh & by the way when will the light tower near the control tower be fixed??...It should be looked at in the off season for sure as it's been that way for a few seasons now....
Back to top Go down
AMCA T34

AMCA T34

Scheduling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scheduling   Scheduling EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 3:27 am

PS - may be they just dont like AMCA's ??? >>>>>> joking !!! lol

Probably not too far of the mark with that.

I was the rep for AMCA for a few years. Tried to negotiate dates only to be told "those are the dates, take it or leave it".

Only 4 AMCA dates in Hobart this year. Who promotes Hobart now? Just when we are starting to build good numbers in the south, racing is slashed.
Back to top Go down
Caboose

Caboose

Scheduling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scheduling   Scheduling EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 3:41 am

Quote :
i think that for the Grand Prix that I know is invite only, are they shooting them selves in the foot as 10 yrs ago there werew up to 40 front running supers....hey make it open & those who can afford the trip it will be a great experience for them as well as putting bums on seats for this huge event......

The GP is not invite only. They only claim that so they can refuse an entry is they so choose. The invite part of it only refers to the interstate cars that they will pay for. I believe that this year Bill Miller was not invited but choose to come down anyway. the problem now is that with the sucess of NSSS and the resurgence in popularity of super sedans on the big island the GP doesn't stand out as anything spectacular for the drivers. Sure they will come if they get their transport covered but there priorites have changed in regards to how they allocate their budgets.
Back to top Go down
number14

number14

Scheduling Empty
PostSubject: schedules   Scheduling EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 5:46 am

Ok why then not try & combine a round of the NSSA with the Grand prix & make this the last round as well as the Grand Prix to be held then...After all it would bring quite a lot of drivers down for sure ....Even those not involved with the series & have the dinner down here as well.....any thoughts on this or too dramatic???
Back to top Go down
TassieSuperSedan
Admin
TassieSuperSedan

Scheduling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scheduling   Scheduling EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 11:25 am

I like your idea Number 14.... and that's something I have gone as far as putting to the NSSS organisers in the past. The response I got was "The Grand Prix is a succesful stand alone event and they don't want to impose"

I hear next year it's going to be called the QSST (Queensland Super Sedan Tour). Seems it's set up for them to win each year anyway!
Back to top Go down
DUM

DUM

Scheduling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scheduling   Scheduling EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 1:07 pm

number14 wrote:
Ok why then not try & combine a round of the NSSA with the Grand prix & make this the last round as well as the Grand Prix to be held then...After all it would bring quite a lot of drivers down for sure ....Even those not involved with the series & have the dinner down here as well.....any thoughts on this or too dramatic???

i was told the same as Aaron...... but 2 years ago the NSSS organisers were approached to run rounds in Tassie in conjunction with the grand National and grand prix and the NSSS people said that the formats for both events with 2 nights eash and pole shuffle etc really wasnt what they wanted in the series.... they required a 1 night format with heats and dashes etc....
Back to top Go down
TassieSuperSedan
Admin
TassieSuperSedan

Scheduling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scheduling   Scheduling EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 1:18 pm

That's all well and good Dum.... but I bet if BIS or Charlton said they wanted to run a two night show then it would be all sweet. WSS runs two night shows, what a success they are!

At the end of the day it's about leaving Tassie out, for whatever reason, but it is. I bet Purton winning a NSSS round really cut them too.
Back to top Go down
Ally

Ally

Scheduling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scheduling   Scheduling EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 5:13 pm

would like to see a round of NSSS down here............
Back to top Go down
DUM

DUM

Scheduling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scheduling   Scheduling EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 8:28 pm

TassieSuperSedan wrote:
That's all well and good Dum.... but I bet if BIS or Charlton said they wanted to run a two night show then it would be all sweet. WSS runs two night shows, what a success they are!

At the end of the day it's about leaving Tassie out, for whatever reason, but it is. I bet Purton winning a NSSS round really cut them too.

i beg to differ Aaron, thats part of the reason why BIS didnt run a NSSS series round this year. The NSSS set a date for a round at BIS being a tuesday. thats wasnt convienient fr Mr Kelly he wanted it on the saturday to fit in with his schedule hence why the round was actually staged at Gympie in the end..... with the NSSS the NSSS organisers call the shots and not the track promoters for once...
Back to top Go down
Caboose

Caboose

Scheduling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scheduling   Scheduling EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 3:02 pm

The real problem with trying to bring the NSSS to Tasmania is the freight costs. There were 24 drivers contracted for the series. There were 10 contracts offered with a freight deal for the GP and GN. I can't see the promotion being able to fund the extra freight required to cover the remaining 14. At this stage I believe that it is in the best interests of NSSS to not try and subject their drivers to any more costs through trips to Tas or WA. If and when the promotion at these venues feel they can justify covering these costs then and only the should rounds be assigned.
Back to top Go down
DUM

DUM

Scheduling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scheduling   Scheduling EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 4:37 pm

Caboose wrote:
The real problem with trying to bring the NSSS to Tasmania is the freight costs. There were 24 drivers contracted for the series. There were 10 contracts offered with a freight deal for the GP and GN. I can't see the promotion being able to fund the extra freight required to cover the remaining 14. At this stage I believe that it is in the best interests of NSSS to not try and subject their drivers to any more costs through trips to Tas or WA. If and when the promotion at these venues feel they can justify covering these costs then and only the should rounds be assigned.

fair call Caboose, but would the shipping really be an issue when one of the Directors own a boat?
Back to top Go down
Ally

Ally

Scheduling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scheduling   Scheduling EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 4:45 pm

I've said that many times wouldn't you think he would be trying to help out more .......... if he supports the sport
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scheduling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scheduling   Scheduling Empty

Back to top Go down

Scheduling
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tasmanian Speedway Forums :: Around The Tracks :: Bendigo Bank Arena, Latrobe-
Jump to: