Tasmanian Speedway Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart

Go down 
+4
angryman
number14
TassieSuperSedan
Ally
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ally

Ally

Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart Empty
PostSubject: Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart   Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 8:50 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nominations: (same as Grand prix)

AUS 1 Darren Kane
NSW 17 Lachlan Onley
QLD 15 Matt Pascoe
QLD 23 Jamie McHugh
QLD 63 Tony Barklimore
SA 8 Dave Gartner
SA 77 Bill Miller
TAS 1 David Nicholls
TAS 2 Jarrod Harper
TAS 4 Sam Hughes
TAS 7 Bruno Jetson
TAS 8 Steve Latham
TAS 9 Chris Gallagher
TAS 11 Gil Aylett
TAS 15 Tim Herbert
TAS 19 Brett Dawkins
TAS 22 Jamie Williams
TAS 24 Anthony Manion
TAS 25 Kevin Purton
TAS 33 Leigh Blazely
TAS 41 Adam Beechey
TAS 43 Phil Townsend
TAS 73 Grant Hopkins
TAS 79 Jason McPherson
TAS 88 Wayne Randall
VIC O Lucas Roberts
VIC 3 Mick Nicola
VIC 46 James Petch
WA 38 Joel Handford

6th February - Mountain Dew Ice Grand National

Super Sedans, Tassie 6's (State Title), Juniors, AMCA, F500, Modifieds, Speedkarts

7th February - Mountain Dew Ice Grand National

Super Sedans, Tassie 6's, Bombers, Juniors, Street Stocks, Mini Sprints, Sidechairs
Back to top Go down
TassieSuperSedan
Admin
TassieSuperSedan

PostSubject: Re: Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart   Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 9:48 am

Should be a good meeting Ally, you making the trip South?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tassiesupersedan.com
number14

number14

PostSubject: Grand prix at latrobe & Grand National at Hobart   Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 11:24 am

Hi all ....I thought that it would be to congratulate all of the driver's for a great Grand Prix......Outstanding I Thought was Kevin purton for a 2 win in this huge event....Would like to congratulate Tim Herbert who started out at 18 & finished 6th .....Also to Bruno Jetson who delighted the crowd with his moves in the Pole Shuffle......Quite a few hard luck stories along the way with Gartner, Nichols, Kane, Latham.....& anybody else who i overlooked.........Bring it on in hobart for the Grand National.....should be great racing with a few points to be proved.....Well done all competiters & the best of luck to you all...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
angryman
angryman

PostSubject: Re: Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart   Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 11:57 am

Phil Townsend wont be there due to engine issues.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angrymanphotography.com.au
TassieSuperSedan
Admin
TassieSuperSedan

PostSubject: Re: Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart   Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 1:15 pm

number14 wrote:
Hi all ....I thought that it would be to congratulate all of the driver's for a great Grand Prix......Outstanding I Thought was Kevin purton for a 2 win in this huge event....Would like to congratulate Tim Herbert who started out at 18 & finished 6th .....Also to Bruno Jetson who delighted the crowd with his moves in the Pole Shuffle......Quite a few hard luck stories along the way with Gartner, Nichols, Kane, Latham.....& anybody else who i overlooked.........Bring it on in hobart for the Grand National.....should be great racing with a few points to be proved.....Well done all competiters & the best of luck to you all...... Very Happy

Jarrod Harper came from 12th to 4th on the highline
Back to top Go down
Ally

Ally

PostSubject: Re: Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart   Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 1:32 pm

TassieSuperSedan wrote:
Should be a good meeting Ally, you making the trip South?

Nah too far to go !!! lol ....... unfortunately we dont get a holiday Monday, mite make it down for Easter What a Face may be
Back to top Go down
moose1970

moose1970

PostSubject: Dwindling Numbers   Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 3:58 pm

Not much of a line up in the end, seven or more off the list at this stage. Not bothering to go.
Back to top Go down
angryman
angryman

PostSubject: Re: Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart   Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 4:00 pm

who else wont be there?
Back to top Go down
moose1970

moose1970

PostSubject: Grand national   Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 4:19 pm

9, 19, 22, 33, 43, V0, WA38 from my knowledge
Back to top Go down
moose1970

moose1970

PostSubject: Grand national   Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 4:23 pm

Gartner and miller gone home as well. Hope too many are not knocked out first night.
Back to top Go down
TassieSuperSedan
Admin
TassieSuperSedan

PostSubject: Re: Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart   Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 7:19 am

I believe McHugh has headed off also
Back to top Go down
Ally

Ally

PostSubject: Re: Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart   Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 9:52 am

gee is there gonna be any one left !
Back to top Go down
DUM

DUM

PostSubject: Re: Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart   Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 1:54 am

TassieSuperSedan wrote:
I believe McHugh has headed off also

dont think so aaron.... passed his truck heading south late sunday after noon..... would be guessing its at brighton...
Back to top Go down
number14

number14

PostSubject: talk the talk but won't walk the walk   Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:19 am

Ok you guys out there throwing your thoughts to & fro get off your asses & really start to support speedway with bums on seats....Ok yes to some of you who have work commitments fair enough....The others who say it's tooo far to go ....hand me a bloody tissue......I'm not pointing out the drivewrs either it's people on here who say too far to go????....Hell alot of people from Hobart can do the trek so why are some people whinging if you're a true blue speedway fan???
Back to top Go down
TassieSuperSedan
Admin
TassieSuperSedan

PostSubject: Re: Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart   Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 11:31 am

I think the issue is Number 14, that a lot of people are sick to death of traveling 3 or 4 hours, to be dished up **** and pay good money for it.
Hobart on the opening night of the Grand National was nothing short of disgraceful, and Latrobe wasn't a hell of a lot better the week before.

If tracks want to charge upwards of $20 a head, they need to start thinking about putting on a show to suit. If I paid $10 to get in expect that kind of stuff.

Just my thoughts...
Back to top Go down
Ally

Ally

PostSubject: Re: Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart   Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:47 pm

I was interested to see the entry prices for the Aus Super Title; not much different to what the tracks are charging here
Back to top Go down
number14

number14

PostSubject: track conditions??   Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 2:32 pm

Hi Arron & yes what you say is true & if the promoters can put on a good track there would be better racing & no-body tearing up their gear as much...I heard that Mountain Dew Ice Raceway is going to be ripped up during the off season & a brand new clay base to be put in...I hope this is true!!!
Back to top Go down
DUM

DUM

PostSubject: Re: Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart   Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 1:24 am

number14 wrote:
Hi Arron & yes what you say is true & if the promoters can put on a good track there would be better racing & no-body tearing up their gear as much...I heard that Mountain Dew Ice Raceway is going to be ripped up during the off season & a brand new clay base to be put in...I hope this is true!!!

as some one with some experience preparing the track in question.... it does not need ripping and new clay put on. there is plenty on there and has been proven with the exceptoon of this season that can be a pretty awesome racetrack where a number of lap records have been lowered conmsiderably particullly in the 08/09 season. what is really shitting me off is the fact that hobart dished up a pretty ordinary track on the first night of the grand national (even nthough i had a great time being outta control for most of my races on the night) but then driver simply dont turn up the following meetings.... for how many years in the past has there been and lets be brutally honest there has been some shocking tracks at both latrobe and carrick yet everyone moaned but still turned up the next meeting..... its got me stuffed how to please all these people.... maybe they are scared the gate at oatlands will be locked and they cant return to there so called paradise if they venture to hobart for a night...
Back to top Go down
number14

number14

PostSubject: Mountain Dew Ice Raceway   Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 2:47 am

Hi Adam so the track doesn't need much work ok.......Yes there have been some ordinary tracks at Latrobe & Carrick for sure...With the Hobart track on the 1st night of the Grand National would you of done the track any different to the track staff & the weather was to blame for it with the rain of which they had .....would like your thoughts please.
Back to top Go down
angryman
angryman

PostSubject: Re: Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart   Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 2:54 am

the track that night was one of the worst I had seen, but that doesnt mean it was unraceable...in fact, quite the opposite. It was good to see some driving the wheels off it, while others had a hard time moving forward. It certainly sorted the men from the boys. After all, its dirt track racing. If you want smooth and consistant, pack it up and head for a black top track!!!

The only thing that was disappointing was that other classes couldnt race a rough track. The 500s/midgets (whatever was there) came out, did some rolling laps and headed infield. The juniors couldnt race due to their small street tyres (they're unstable on the good tracks).

So while its good to see the tracks giving the drivers something to think about with their setups, its a balancing game to make it challenging, but suitable for everyone without ripping up their gear.
Back to top Go down
AMCA T34

AMCA T34

PostSubject: Re: Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart   Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 3:38 am

Carrick has had one ordinary track, when I have been there, in the last three years. The have listened and done something.

Adam, if you think there is enogh clay on Hobart, you need your glasses checked. Meeting after meeting the track peels through to the base. There would not be 10cm of clay in places.

I use the word "clay" with some reluctance. It is not really clay any more, it is a mixure of clay, mud, rubber and car parts.

I agree that its dirt track and you expect to run on different surfaces on different nights but not as bad as the Grand National track. The was so much track jammed up under my car that I couldn't steer it. I thought the steering box had broken but it was a metre square, 5cm thick piece of track between the cross member and the drag link.

In one race I broke, 2 rough track shocks, an engine mount, a diff, two spring plates and there are cracks in welds everywhere. The engine revved to over 7500 rpm when ALL FOUR WHEELS were off the ground. I have been too afraid to even take the rocker covers off to see what might be broken in the motor. I recieved $40.00 for showing up. It cost me $25 to get in.
Back to top Go down
number14

number14

PostSubject: Mountain Dew Ice Raceway   Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 5:15 am

Hi Amca T34 well i think that you guys ought to be credited with the consistent shows that you guys put on as it's really close great racing that the fans love to see.....You guys have excellent fields most of the time & as you were saying it costs $$$$$$ when you start ripping up gear of which is bullshit in my view as without you guys running around it would be less $$$ in the promoters pockets.....The other divisions i won't leave out either......Would love to see more Series introduced for Street Stocks, Tassie 6's, & also Amcas.....That would be a fairly good achievement if we could get sponsors on board to support these divisions .Then the case maybe that somebody who can travel but doesn't feel like it will do it???......I haven't mentioned Bombers as i feel that with limited numbers that their day is nearly finished....No offence at all to you guys who are left trying to have fun.....Crowds used to see around 20-25 of you guys years ago but time has caught up now...
Back to top Go down
DUM

DUM

PostSubject: Re: Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart   Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 6:03 am

AMCA T34 wrote:
Carrick has had one ordinary track, when I have been there, in the last three years. The have listened and done something.

Adam, if you think there is enogh clay on Hobart, you need your glasses checked. Meeting after meeting the track peels through to the base. There would not be 10cm of clay in places.

I use the word "clay" with some reluctance. It is not really clay any more, it is a mixure of clay, mud, rubber and car parts.

I agree that its dirt track and you expect to run on different surfaces on different nights but not as bad as the Grand National track. The was so much track jammed up under my car that I couldn't steer it. I thought the steering box had broken but it was a metre square, 5cm thick piece of track between the cross member and the drag link.

In one race I broke, 2 rough track shocks, an engine mount, a diff, two spring plates and there are cracks in welds everywhere. The engine revved to over 7500 rpm when ALL FOUR WHEELS were off the ground. I have been too afraid to even take the rocker covers off to see what might be broken in the motor. I recieved $40.00 for showing up. It cost me $25 to get in.

Sorry Mr T34 but you are mistaken with that comment..... what you see there is NOT the base as you put it but simply a case of there not being enough water actually getting into the track, or the track being sealed over too early thus not letting anymore water in.... if the track on the first night of the Grand National proved anything it proved there was plenty of Clay on the track as the average hole in the track was atleast 200-300mm deep and was wet all the way down....
Back to top Go down
AMCA T34

AMCA T34

PostSubject: Re: Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart   Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 6:14 am

The holes, in places, went all the way to the base!
Back to top Go down
number14

number14

PostSubject: Track surface   Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 6:18 am

Hi Adam you said there wasn't enough water getting into the track?????.....So all that rain didn't come on the Speedway Complex???....Please tell us then what you would've done to make sure it wasn't in that state...would like your feedback please....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart   Grand National 2010 ~ Hobart Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next